Kind deeds, kind thoughts, kind sweetness from others melts my heart. This card is heading out to a very, very kind and thoughtful friend of mine. What a sweetheart. So, I want to share with you this card that is a lot of fun to make. 🙂 I LOVE my PUNCHES!! They are quick, they’re fun, and they can sure pack a “PUNCH!” (no pun intended, ha!) Let me get on with the details for my card today:
- I wanted to use one of the new IN Colors for 2015-2017 for this one. It is Delightful Dijon! I think it’s a great color to use if you like “vintage” stamping. I paired it with Basic Black and Whisper White.
- The punch for the flowers is the Fun Flower punch! I stamped the beautiful flower from the Beautiful Bunch stamp set. Isn’t it awesome?!! It’s about a 2-1/2″ span from tip to tip. There’s no tiny anything to this one. I wanted to showcase a “bunch” since after all it’s from the Beautiful Bunch stamp set. I popped them up on dimensionals (2 a piece) and I used the 1/2″ punch for the centers. I ran them through my Big Shot die cutting machine with the Softly Falling Textured embossing folder to give some texture. Of course, texture. 🙂
- I ran the very top layer in Delightful Dijon (it’s SO delightful!) through the top of it ONLY with the same Softly Falling embossing folder as well! It “coordinates” with the those cute little black centers in my flower. And remember I embossed those little tinys, too! You can’t see them in the photo, but they are there!
- I EMBOSSED my sentiment in white embossing powder onto the black card stock and it is really bright white and stands out. Exactly what I wanted. Punched that sentiment piece out with the great little Lable Bracket punch. It is a great shape, I think. And it fits a ton of our sentiments and images, so thank you Stampin’ Up! 🙂
- I used the BRAND NEW in the Holiday catalog three way punch!! Have you seen it yet? Page 18. Curvy Corner Trio Punch, 3 punches in ONE!! Isn’t that awesome sauce??! It punches ribbon slats! Yes it does. It sure does. I punched two on both ends of the final layer and ran the beautiful Basic Black 3/8″ stitched satin ribbon through it to add a bit of accent to the overall card.
- That completes my card for today.
- Be kind. It does really matter. Makes us feel good about ourselves and all the blessings we have to be grateful for.
- Hope you liked my card, it was lots of fun to make and even more the love and gratefulness for the special friend it is for.
- As always, if you have any questions, let me know! Your comments are welcome, too, you knew that though. 🙂
- Love hearing from you! Don’t forget to look at the awesome Weekly Deals this week up at the top of my blog and take a peek at the Holiday catty, too, while you’re there! Fun stuff!
- Hope you have a wonderful weekend, enjoy the leaves starting to turn their beautiful fall colors and hope you get to stamp, or craft, or just simply have fun creating whatever your heart desires!