Aren’t babies simply wonderful? It’s always a good idea to have on hand a few baby cards. You never know when you’re going to be invited to those exciting baby showers for the new Mommy-to-be and you’ll be ready to go with your card, baby girl or baby boy! All you need is a sweet little something for baby! I made for you both a PINK and BLUE (keeping to traditional baby “colors”) card today and they were so much fun!
I used my black background for them as I thought the white background was too light to really see the adorable lil’ details. So much fun, okay here’s the details!
- I used the adoring Baby’s First Framelits, p.172 Annual Catalog and they coordinate with the Made with Love and Something for Baby stamp sets! Oh my gosh. So stinkin’ cute! I used the little “onesie” framelit and cut out Blushing Bride and Marina Mist with it. I then cut out the little white bib with the bib framelit.
- For the little “daddy’s girl” onesie I heat embossed with our lovely embossing powders in White. I used the “made with love” stamp image from Made with Love stamp set, dipped into some Versa Mark that is used for embossing and voila! It stood out great. The first time I used it on Blushing Bride card stock onesie the white Kraft ink was too light. So I embossed it! Magic! The Made with Love stamp set is such a darling stamp set, has sweet sentiments and images that will melt your heart! I promise.
- I punched out the two sweet hearts in Whisper White card stock from the trusty ol’ OWL PUNCH! I use pieces from that punch more than I count. Literally.
- The little scallop collar I ran through the Big Shot guy JUST the top collar and released it and used the 7/8″ inch scallop punch and punch a bit away to create a scallop collar. Darling!! Wrapped some white thin Baker’s twine around three times and tied a bow and placed down with a glue dot.
- For the little guy onesie I glued the baby collar which I ran through the Big Shot guy to the Marina Mist onesie and punched a Marina Mist heart from the Owl punch and glued on with Tombow glue. I stamped “made with love” in our Kraft White ink. I didn’t need to embossed it because it showed up vibrant and bright.
- Designers Series Papers – (dsp) are both from the Subtles Color paper stack. This pack will be listed below. Both sides of our dsp stacks have different beautiful patterns on both sides! Isn’t that just awesome blossom sauce! Yes, it is! 🙂
- Adhered Whisper White to each card base and then adhered the significant gender pieces to that.
- Dimensionals!! – I POPPED UP both onesies on dimensionals! So cute in person. It just gave a bit more pizzaaaazzz to the overall card.
- Your ENVELOPE – Don’t forget to decorate it, too. That would be sad if you didn’t, after all you have ink and your adorable stamp set. Use it top of your project! Goes a long way in the “cuteness” factor!
- These cards are 3-1/2″ X 5″ and fit into our Notecards and Envelops -5-1/8″ X3-5/8″ envelope on p.149, AC. This is the PERFECT card size for a sweet little baby gift to attach to. I chose to use colored card stock for these baby cards in lieu of using the standard White cards that come with this set. The extra white cards I use to layer other standard A2 cards, just cut them in half with your stampin’ trimmer, stamp an image and layer on top of any color of card stock you choose to! Or you could make your own envelope with our awesome Envelope Punch board! It’s great, too!
Here they both are up close and personal! We like that, don’t we, so we can see the darling-ness better!
If you have any questions, I’m just an email away! Would be happy to help! I love these darling “baby boy and baby girl” cards! Great for showers or when baby is here! Remember they are smaller, so they will be perfect to attach to a gift!
Please be sure to sign up for my daily blog posts and my newsletter for special “in the knows” because I know you want to BE IN THE KNOW!
Reminder check the Weekly Deals for some great “deals!” Click on my Ways to Save!
Hope you’ve had a great Saturday, come back tomorrow, I would love it. Any comments or chit chat, please leave for me below. I love it!!
From my stampin’ heart to yours (whether you’re a stamper or not!)
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog